Members of the House need to hear from you.
Article X, Section 2 and 3 of the Utah State Constitution vests “general control and supervision” with the Utah State Board of Education. Passing this bill would usurp the constitutional authority of the USBE and as such should be rejected. Furthermore:
- USBE to establish ethnic studies (CRT) core standards;
- LEAs to adopt ethnic studies (CRT) materials and curriculum;
- LEAs to INTEGRATE ethnic studies (CRT) into regular school work K-12;
- More CRT (ethnic studies training) for teachers.
SB244 CREATES an Ethnic Studies commission that will:
- Recommend standards to the Board;
- Define terms (yikes);
- Advise the governor, state agencies, and the Legislature;
- Make policy recommendations to the governor;
- Make legislative recommendations to the Legislature;
- Review and make recommendations for ethnic studies core standards to the state board.
Email Your Legislator
SAY NO to SB 244 :: Ethnic Studies Amendments