Your Representative needs to hear from you.
This bill has been “held” till the interim session.
Division is being sown in our schools through Critical Race Theory. There is proof. Watch the video below. These concepts, in any form, should not be in any part of Utah Schools.
Here it is! Divisive ideas have no place in our kids’ classrooms.
VOTE YES on SB257 to STOP CRT
Send an email to Senate Ed committee by 4PM TODAY using the link below!
SB257 is DIVISIVE CONCEPTS IN GOVERNMENT AND EDUCATION.
This bill PROHIBITS:
– instruction or training on polarizing ideas which compels or requires someone to personally affirm, adopt, or adhere to the concept.
– use of controversial course or training materials
– class discussions on divisive ideas
– penalties for students or employees who won’t adopt or support concepts or stereotyping on the basis of race, sex, or national origin
– private or public funding or grants for divisive concept curriculum or training
It does NOT stop:
– instruction and discourse on objective, balanced, historically accurate, and unbiased concepts, after students receive a foundational understanding of the intent and structure of the Constitution,
– controversial historical coverage based on original source documents
– discussion of the historical oppression of a particular group of people based on original source documents
– discussions of polarizing concepts without promotion, direction, or compulsion
Divisive concepts are defined in a comprehensive section starting on line 250 and include race, sex, national origin, sponsorship of rebellion against the United States, etc… please read through the list.